By Smashing Magazine
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Backgrounds In CSS: every little thing you want to Know
- The secret Of The CSS waft Property
- The Z-Index CSS estate: A accomplished Look
- CSS Sprites: important strategies, Or strength Nuisance?
- smooth CSS Layouts: the basic Characteristics
- glossy CSS Layouts, half 2: the basic Techniques
- Writing CSS For Others
- Decoupling HTML From CSS
- CSS Specificity And Inheritance
- equivalent top Column Layouts With Borders And unfavourable Margins In CSS
- !important CSS Declarations: How And whilst to exploit Them
- CSS Sprites Revisited
- studying to take advantage of The :before And :after Pseudo-Elements In CSS
- Taming complex CSS Selectors
- Six CSS format gains to seem ahead To
Read Online or Download CSS Essentials PDF
Best web development books
Your specialist consultant to development Microsoft® SharePoint® purposes within the cloud
Deliver customized, cloud-based company ideas utilizing SharePoint 2010 and home windows Azure™ jointly. through utilising hands-on options from Microsoft cloud improvement professional Steve Fox, you'll easy methods to raise the succeed in, source potential, and reusability of your apps. Get the sensible code workouts and strong recommendation you need—whether you're making plans to construct whole data-driven purposes or hybrid suggestions with uncomplicated internet components.
Discover the way to:
* carry facts from home windows Azure industry DataMarket into SharePoint and Microsoft place of work purposes
* Use Microsoft company Connectivity providers to hook up with SQL Azure™ information
* Create complicated internet elements to floor SQL Azure info in Bing™ Maps, utilizing the SharePoint shopper item version
* deal with records in home windows Azure utilizing BLOB garage
* set up home windows conversation starting place (WCF) providers to home windows Azure
* construct enterprise intelligence strategies, utilizing SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server® Reporting prone (SSRS)
Get code samples on the internet
able to obtain at http://go. microsoft. com/FWLink/? Linkid=000000.
For process specifications, see the Introduction.
A transparent, hands-on advisor to making ideal content material controlled web pages with the unfastened Joomla! CMS.
• Create a Joomla! web site in an hour with assistance from easy-to-follow steps and screenshots.
• construct and continue your personal web site fast, simply and successfully, getting the main out of the most recent free up of the Joomla! content material administration system.
• transcend a standard Joomla! web site to make an internet site meet your particular needs.
• study via doing: stick with step by step directions on how you can layout, safe, administrate, and fill your web site with content material
• replace to the preferred Joomla! 2. five Beginner's advisor by means of Eric Tiggeler.
Joomla! is among the most well-liked open resource content material administration platforms, actively constructed and supported by means of a world-wide consumer neighborhood. It's a unfastened, enjoyable, and feature-rich software for an individual who desires to create dynamic, interactive web content. Even newbies can installation Joomla to construct specialist web content. although it might be hard to get past the fundamentals and construct the location that meets your wishes completely, this publication will consultant you thru it all.
Completely up to date for Joomla! three, this useful consultant enables you to create expert and handsome web content with Joomla! , even if you need to construct a private weblog web site or a full-featured corporation or membership website.
The Joomla! three Beginner's consultant may help you to start with Joomla! quick. It's awarded in an geared up, easy-to-read demeanour. The publication doesn't specialise in what Joomla! can do – it specializes in what you are able to do utilizing Joomla! .
You the way to get Joomla! up and working, how you can arrange content material, upload new menus, upload new positive aspects, swap the layout and lots more and plenty extra. Real-life examples and tutorials will spark your mind's eye and exhibit you what sort of specialist, feature-rich web content any net builder can in attaining with Joomla!
The concentration is on transparent directions and easy-to-understand tutorials, with minimum jargon.
Using the Joomla! three Beginner's consultant you'll fast achieve the information had to construct your personal web site, completely adapted in your particular wishes
What you'll study from this book
• Create a feature-rich web site that's effortless to extend, customise, and retain with no need to profit internet languages equivalent to HTML and Cascading sort Sheets (CSS).
• layout appealing domestic pages that offer a brief assessment of the site's contents and direct humans to the content material they can have an interest in.
• have interaction your net viewers and switch them into lively clients through permitting them to sign in, upload content material, and go away reviews.
• layout transparent and straightforward navigation utilizing menus, submenus, and textual content links.
• Make complete use of templates to get your web site having a look most excellent, tweaking the CSS and customizing templates utilizing your personal emblem, fonts, and colours.
• expand Joomla! 's features through discovering and using must-have extensions that completely meet your wishes.
• raise your site's visibility for se's through utilising powerful search engine optimisation (SEO) innovations.
• safe your website from hackers and capability threats utilizing easy-to-follow options.
Over 100 site construction recipes using all of the sleek HTML5 positive factors and techniques!
• learn how to successfully exhibit lists and tables, draw charts, animate parts and use sleek concepts resembling templates and data-binding frameworks via easy and brief examples.
• Examples using glossy HTML5 positive factors resembling wealthy textual content modifying, dossier manipulation, snap shots drawing services, actual time communication.
• discover the whole strength of HTML5 - from quantity rounding to complex snap shots to real-time information binding - now we have it covered.
HTML5 is far and wide. From computers to drugs to smartphones or even TVs, the internet is the main ubiquitous software platform and data medium bar. Its changing into a firstclass citizen in confirmed working structures equivalent to Microsoft home windows eight in addition to the first platform of recent working platforms equivalent to Google Chrome OS.
HTML5 info and providers Cookbook includes over a hundred recipes explaining how you can make the most of smooth positive aspects and methods while construction web pages or net purposes. This publication may also help you to discover the whole energy of HTML5 - from quantity rounding to complicated portraits to real-time information binding.
HTML5 info and prone Cookbook begins with the exhibit of textual content and similar info. you then could be guided via graphs and lively visualizations through enter and enter controls.
Data serialization, validation and verbal exchange with the server in addition to glossy frameworks with complicated positive aspects like automated info binding and server communique may also be coated intimately. This e-book covers a quick music into new libraries and contours which are a part of HTML5!
What you are going to examine from this book
• Making charts utilizing flot or HTML5 canvas.
• developing remarkable visualizations with D3. js
• universal helpers while operating with input
• Making lively and interactive visualizations
• utilizing the HTML5 enter helpers
• developing customized enter components
• Client-side templating to simplify HTML generation
• Manipulating and storing information at the purchaser side
A functional process with palms on recipes to benefit extra approximately HTML5 facts and prone, its positive factors and methods while construction web pages or internet applications.
Who this publication is written for
We've come far because the days of flashing banner advertisements and scrolling information tickers. this day, the beautiful movement layout of iOS and Android dramatically improves a user's event - rather than detracting from it. the simplest websites and apps of this day leverage animation to enhance the texture and intuitiveness in their interfaces.
- Sass and Compass in Action
- jQuery: Novice to Ninja (2nd edition)
- Magento PHP Developer's Guide
- Smashing eBook Series: #3 | Mastering Photoshop for Webdesign
- WebKit For Dummies
- Accelerated DOM Scripting with Ajax, APIs, and Libraries
Extra info for CSS Essentials
For example, Amazon and eBay both are publishing structured data via Web service standards from their databases, so other applications can be built on top of these contents. 10 1 A Web of Data: Toward the Idea of the Semantic Web With all these being said, let us summarize what we do on today’s Web at a higher level, and this will eventually reveal some critical issues we are having on the Web. Note that our summary will be mainly related to how we consume the available information on the Web, and we are not going to include activities such as chatting with friends or watching a tennis game online – these are nice things you can do on the Web, but not much related to our purpose here.
The information from these different steps will then be combined together to create a perfect plan for our vacation, hopefully. 2 A More General Goal: A Web Understandable to Machines 11 Clearly, to conduct this kind of information integration manually is a somewhat tedious process. It will be more convenient if we can finish the process with more help from the machine. For example, we can specify what we need to some application, which will then help us out by conducting the necessary steps for us.
The basic idea is straightforward: RDF uses this abstract model to decompose information/knowledge into small pieces, with some simple rules about the semantics (meaning) of each one of these pieces. The goal is to provide a general method that is simple and flexible enough to express any fact, yet structured enough that computer applications can operate with the expressed knowledge. This abstract model has the following key components: • statement • subject and object resources • predicate And we will now discuss each one of these components, and we will then put them together to gain understanding of the abstract model as a whole.
CSS Essentials by Smashing Magazine