By International Atomic Energy Agency
Read Online or Download Accidental Overexposure of Radiotherapy Patients in San Jose, Costa Rica PDF
Similar computational mathematicsematics books
This e-book constitutes the refereed lawsuits of the 1st foreign Workshop on Numerical research and Its purposes, WNAA'96, held in Rousse, Bulgaria, in June 1996. The fifty seven revised complete papers offered have been conscientiously chosen and reviewed for inclusion within the quantity; additionally incorporated are 14 invited shows.
This booklet combines arithmetic (geometry and topology), desktop technology (algorithms), and engineering (mesh new release) with a purpose to remedy the conceptual and technical difficulties within the combining of parts of combinatorial and numerical algorithms. The ebook develops tools from components which are amenable to mix and explains contemporary leap forward recommendations to meshing that healthy into this type.
This examine monograph is the authoritative and complete therapy of the mathematical foundations of stochastic optimum regulate of discrete-time structures, together with the therapy of the complex measure-theoretic concerns.
- Introduction to Precise Numerical Methods with CD
- Active Flow Control II: Papers Contributed to the Conference ”Active Flow Control II 2010”, Berlin, Germany, May 26 to 28, 2010
- Numerical Computing with Matlab
- Computational Error and Complexity in Science and Engineering
- Trust Theory: A Socio-Cognitive and Computational Model (Wiley Series in Agent Technology)
Additional info for Accidental Overexposure of Radiotherapy Patients in San Jose, Costa Rica
Regrowth of hair often occurs even when radiation doses to the skin are high. A number of patients had permanent epilation, which attests to the high skin doses they had received (Photographs 10 and 11). Examples of such cases included: (1) 50 Patient No. 5 Gy per fraction. This patient had ulceration of the vulva on both sides. 2). Photograph 10. Patient with permanent epilation as a result of overexposure, and at high risk of late brain necrosis and spinal cord injury. Photograph 11. Another patient with permanent epilation as a result of exposure, and at high risk of late brain necrosis and spinal cord injury.
277 . Three different ionization chambers were used for these measurements. 115). A distance correction was also made in order to reproduce the conditions of the actual treatments. The reason for this correction was that, according to E. Castellanos’s report and the report on early investigations after the accident, there had been an error of –2 cm in the optical distance indicator. g. e. the same field size of 10 × 10 cm, from a distance of 80 cm to 78 cm. I of Appendix I). II of Appendix I.
5. DOSE MONITORING FOR PERSONNEL Radiotherapy staff wear individual TLD dosimeters that are measured monthly by the Ministry of Health. These records were not reviewed by the Expert Team. 6. WRITTEN PROCEDURES The working procedures for normal conditions were not available. The emergency procedures were not able to be viewed at the time of the Expert Team’s assessment. 7. 1. Status of the charts A total of 113 patient therapy charts were reviewed, of which nine were from the Children’s Hospital, 37 from the Calderón Guardia Hospital and the remaining 67 from the San Juan de Dios Hospital.
Accidental Overexposure of Radiotherapy Patients in San Jose, Costa Rica by International Atomic Energy Agency