By Liyang Yu
The Semantic internet represents a imaginative and prescient for the way to make the massive volume of knowledge on the internet immediately processable via machines on a wide scale. For this function, an entire suite of criteria, applied sciences and similar instruments were exact and built over the past couple of years, and so they have now develop into the basis for varied new applications.
A Developer’s advisor to the Semantic Web is helping the reader to profit the center criteria, key parts, and underlying techniques. It presents in-depth assurance of either the what-is and how-to elements of the Semantic internet. From Yu’s presentation, the reader will receive not just a superb realizing in regards to the Semantic internet, but additionally find out how to mix the whole lot to construct new functions at the Semantic Web.
Software builders in and scholars focusing on internet improvement or Semantic net applied sciences will locate during this e-book the main whole advisor to this fascinating box to be had this day. according to the step by step presentation of real-world initiatives, the place the applied sciences and criteria are utilized, they're going to collect the data had to layout and enforce cutting-edge applications.
Read or Download A Developers Guide to the Semantic Web PDF
Similar web development books
Your professional consultant to construction Microsoft® SharePoint® functions within the cloud
Deliver customized, cloud-based company recommendations utilizing SharePoint 2010 and home windows Azure™ jointly. via utilising hands-on recommendations from Microsoft cloud improvement specialist Steve Fox, you'll easy methods to elevate the achieve, source potential, and reusability of your apps. Get the sensible code workouts and sturdy suggestion you need—whether you're making plans to construct whole data-driven functions or hybrid suggestions with uncomplicated internet components.
Discover how one can:
* bring info from home windows Azure industry DataMarket into SharePoint and Microsoft workplace functions
* Use Microsoft enterprise Connectivity providers to hook up with SQL Azure™ info
* Create complicated internet elements to floor SQL Azure information in Bing™ Maps, utilizing the SharePoint purchaser item version
* deal with records in home windows Azure utilizing BLOB garage
* install home windows conversation origin (WCF) providers to home windows Azure
* construct company intelligence strategies, utilizing SQL Azure, Microsoft SQL Server® Reporting providers (SSRS)
Get code samples on the net
able to obtain at http://go. microsoft. com/FWLink/? Linkid=000000.
For approach necessities, see the Introduction.
A transparent, hands-on consultant to making ideal content material controlled web pages with the unfastened Joomla! CMS.
• Create a Joomla! site in an hour with the aid of easy-to-follow steps and screenshots.
• construct and continue your personal web site fast, simply and successfully, getting the main out of the newest unlock of the Joomla! content material administration system.
• transcend a customary Joomla! web site to make an internet site meet your particular needs.
• research through doing: persist with step by step directions on tips on how to layout, safe, administrate, and fill your web site with content material
• replace to the preferred Joomla! 2. five Beginner's consultant by way of Eric Tiggeler.
Joomla! is likely one of the most well liked open resource content material administration structures, actively built and supported by way of a world-wide person group. It's a unfastened, enjoyable, and feature-rich software for someone who desires to create dynamic, interactive web pages. Even newbies can install Joomla to construct specialist web pages. although it might be tough to get past the fundamentals and construct the location that meets your wishes completely, this publication will advisor you thru it all.
Completely up to date for Joomla! three, this useful consultant allows you to create expert and handsome web pages with Joomla! , no matter if you need to construct a private weblog website or a full-featured corporation or membership website.
The Joomla! three Beginner's consultant can help you to start with Joomla! fast. It's provided in an geared up, easy-to-read demeanour. The ebook doesn't specialize in what Joomla! can do – it makes a speciality of what you are able to do utilizing Joomla! .
You the way to get Joomla! up and working, tips on how to arrange content material, upload new menus, upload new positive factors, switch the layout and masses extra. Real-life examples and tutorials will spark your mind's eye and exhibit you what sort of specialist, feature-rich web pages any net builder can in achieving with Joomla!
The concentration is on transparent directions and easy-to-understand tutorials, with minimum jargon.
Using the Joomla! three Beginner's consultant you'll fast achieve the information had to construct your individual website, completely adapted on your particular wishes
What you'll examine from this book
• Create a feature-rich website that's effortless to extend, customise, and continue with no need to profit internet languages reminiscent of HTML and Cascading kind Sheets (CSS).
• layout beautiful domestic pages that offer a brief review of the site's contents and direct humans to the content material they can have an interest in.
• interact your internet viewers and switch them into lively clients through permitting them to sign in, upload content material, and go away reviews.
• layout transparent and simple navigation utilizing menus, submenus, and textual content links.
• Make complete use of templates to get your website taking a look splendid, tweaking the CSS and customizing templates utilizing your individual brand, fonts, and colours.
• expand Joomla! 's features by way of discovering and using must-have extensions that completely meet your wishes.
• elevate your site's visibility for se's by means of making use of powerful search engine optimisation (SEO) thoughts.
• safe your web site from hackers and power threats utilizing easy-to-follow concepts.
Over 100 site construction recipes using all of the smooth HTML5 positive aspects and techniques!
• learn how to successfully show lists and tables, draw charts, animate parts and use sleek innovations akin to templates and data-binding frameworks via uncomplicated and brief examples.
• Examples using smooth HTML5 positive factors similar to wealthy textual content enhancing, dossier manipulation, portraits drawing functions, actual time communication.
• discover the entire energy of HTML5 - from quantity rounding to complex portraits to real-time facts binding - we've got it covered.
HTML5 is all over the place. From desktops to capsules to smartphones or even TVs, the net is the main ubiquitous program platform and data medium bar. Its turning into a firstclass citizen in validated working platforms akin to Microsoft home windows eight in addition to the first platform of recent working structures reminiscent of Google Chrome OS.
HTML5 info and providers Cookbook comprises over a hundred recipes explaining the best way to make the most of smooth positive aspects and methods whilst construction web content or net purposes. This ebook may also help you to discover the whole strength of HTML5 - from quantity rounding to complex photographs to real-time information binding.
HTML5 facts and providers Cookbook starts off with the demonstrate of textual content and comparable facts. then you definitely may be guided via graphs and lively visualizations via enter and enter controls.
Data serialization, validation and conversation with the server in addition to glossy frameworks with complex positive factors like computerized facts binding and server verbal exchange may also be coated intimately. This e-book covers a quick tune into new libraries and contours which are a part of HTML5!
What you'll research from this book
• Making charts utilizing flot or HTML5 canvas.
• growing extraordinary visualizations with D3. js
• universal helpers whilst operating with input
• Making lively and interactive visualizations
• utilizing the HTML5 enter helpers
• growing customized enter components
• Client-side templating to simplify HTML generation
• Manipulating and storing facts at the patron side
A useful technique with palms on recipes to benefit extra approximately HTML5 information and providers, its positive aspects and strategies while development web content or internet applications.
Who this publication is written for
We've come a ways because the days of flashing banner advertisements and scrolling information tickers. this day, the beautiful movement layout of iOS and Android dramatically improves a user's adventure - rather than detracting from it. the simplest websites and apps of at the present time leverage animation to enhance the texture and intuitiveness in their interfaces.
- Learning HTML5 by Creating Fun Games
- Building Business Websites with Squarespace 7
- Linked Data: Structured Data on the Web
- Getting Started with Drupal Commerce
- Book of CSS3: A Developer's Guide to the Future of Web Design (2nd Edition)
- Taking Your Talent to the Web: A Guide for the Transitioning Designer
Extra info for A Developers Guide to the Semantic Web
For example, Amazon and eBay both are publishing structured data via Web service standards from their databases, so other applications can be built on top of these contents. 10 1 A Web of Data: Toward the Idea of the Semantic Web With all these being said, let us summarize what we do on today’s Web at a higher level, and this will eventually reveal some critical issues we are having on the Web. Note that our summary will be mainly related to how we consume the available information on the Web, and we are not going to include activities such as chatting with friends or watching a tennis game online – these are nice things you can do on the Web, but not much related to our purpose here.
The information from these different steps will then be combined together to create a perfect plan for our vacation, hopefully. 2 A More General Goal: A Web Understandable to Machines 11 Clearly, to conduct this kind of information integration manually is a somewhat tedious process. It will be more convenient if we can finish the process with more help from the machine. For example, we can specify what we need to some application, which will then help us out by conducting the necessary steps for us.
The basic idea is straightforward: RDF uses this abstract model to decompose information/knowledge into small pieces, with some simple rules about the semantics (meaning) of each one of these pieces. The goal is to provide a general method that is simple and flexible enough to express any fact, yet structured enough that computer applications can operate with the expressed knowledge. This abstract model has the following key components: • statement • subject and object resources • predicate And we will now discuss each one of these components, and we will then put them together to gain understanding of the abstract model as a whole.
A Developers Guide to the Semantic Web by Liyang Yu